Monday, September 24, 2012

Tot Talk: Stay at Home Mom

I've always been a Stay at Home Mom..! Is that bad?? I've had my ups and downs when it comes to this topic. Don't be fooled.., the life as a stay at home mom is not so glamorous, pretty much you are in charge of just about everything from cook, waitress, bookkeeper to scrubbing toilets and taxi driver. The best part is you get to do all of this for fun, Oh.., and you are not allowed to go insane!! It's a full time job with no sleep, lots of over time and the saddest part is... you don't get paid.

I wouldn't have changed a thing! Being a "At Home Mom" has it's rewards...,
I was able to hear my children say their first words,  watch their first steps, lots of snuggle time and I was able to give them the best possible start to their lives. Sure, I had my bad days, sad days and lots of sticky notes, that paper became my life-line f.o.r.e.v.e.r.!!  Guess what.., it's ok to forget, this too will pass or in my case, It may not! "Oops sorry I forgot." Laugh it off.

I found a very funny article Written by, Kathy Buckworth about the, "Stay At Home Mom." Here's what she had to say...

1. The title "stay at home" is a passive-aggressive term. There is nothing flattering, glamorous or remotely attractive about the word "stay." "Too Much Woman to Be Confined to a Cubicle Farm" works better.
2. Apparently, you are expected to be "at home" for some parts of the day; particularly those parts when children under the age of 12 are in your care.

3. Repairmen are not sexy in any way.

4. Nothing very exciting happens. But you need to talk, so the best entertainment is gossip and backstabbing. It is unavoidable and addictive.

5. People will say, "Well, its not like you're working or anything" just moments before they a) sign you up for lame volunteer duties at your child's school, b) dump their own brats on your doorstep, or c) redirect all their home deliveries to your front door (even the fertilizer order).

6. Cleaning the house is not a problem, keeping it clean is. If the house is as clean at the end of the day as it was when you started, you win.

I found this picture on the Internet the other day. My daughter wrote me the same letter, she upset at me and did not feel like talking. When I came to get her for supper a note very similar to the one below was place on her bedroom door.  I had to run away from her door very quickly so that she wouldn't hear me laughing. I showed my husband and settled myself down, I then gently knocked on her door and invited her to dinner and she complied. Kids are so funny.
  What do you like about being a stay at home mom?   Email us at hello@weecareclinic.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy leave your comment.