Thursday, October 25, 2012

D.I.Y.: Oktoberfest Idea

Oktoberfest is one of the most famous events in Germany. Cities across the world also hold Oktoberfest celebration where the event focuses around the beer and bratwurst.
Where's my candles.. ha ha, there is so much going on in this photo.

I was asked to make a decoration for an Oktoberfest Celebration and here's what I came up with..
I know Oktoberfest ends on October 7 in Germany, but for some of us we celebrate beer all year around... I decided to make "Beer Mug Candles." This D.I.Y. is pretty simple and your friends are going to love it.  Supplies: Glass beer mugs, small narrow glass candle holders, food colouring, yeast, water, stuffing and tea-lights.

Pouring Yeast water around the candle holder.

Instructions: Bring water to a boil and add yeast. Read instruction on the yeast package. Add food colouring to the water and yeast mixture (I used, 1 drops Red and 2 drops yellow) this will make the beer colour. Place the glass candle holder inside the beer mug. Slowly pour the yeast mixture around the candle holder, leave about an inch from the top and place in the fridge.
Leave in the fridge until ready to use.

These are so much fun! Light the candles and enjoy your night.

When you are ready to use your Beer Candles, add the cotton between the two glasses. Place a tea-light into the centre glass and light your candle.  Be ready for all the questions and the WOW factor.

Do you celebrate Oktoberfest? Are you a fan of the bratwurst?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy leave your comment.