Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Small-fry Picks: Grandma's Nachos

I may not be the greatest cook in the world, but the kitchen is my favourite place in the house. I'm garlic crazy and I can't get enough pepper, I'm sure that's the only reason my food tastes so good.
                   

My Mother-in-Law made these nachos for my family for years and I request 
these every time I visit. Your friends and family are going be requesting this recipe! 
Do you love bean's, sour cream and....
cheese then.., I promise this recipe "Grandma's Nachos" will NOT disappoint.
What you need:
◦ 4-5 Chicken breasts or Hamburger
◦ 1 can of Newmans Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa

◦ 2 cans Chick Peas or Brown Beans (Your choice)
◦ 1 Can Black Beans., I like the added the black bean for colour / flavour

◦ 2 or 3 Garlic and shake some Pepper in there
◦ 1 bag of shredded cheese, the sharper the better!
◦ Tortilla Chips of your choice (I use Blue-corn Chips)

Let’s cook it:
1. Cook the chicken or hamburger, garlic and pepper in fry pan fry it up. Make

sure it’s cooked, we want our kids to have happy tummies.  If you decided on
doing Chicken you should shred it.  Use a fork and pull it away from it's self.
2. In your in crock pot or oven dish, combine chicken or beef, salsa, un-drained 
beans and 1-1/2 cup of cheese, I tend to use lots more, I love my cheese.
3. Simmer on low.  I simmer my Nacho dip all day on low, so good!
SERIOUSLY: the longer it sits simmering, the better it tastes.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese, and don't forget the sour cream and Blue Corn Chips.
We sometimes add guacamole too. Yummy!!

You don’t need a crock pot to cook this, you can cook the nachos in the stove and 

then place it in the oven to simmer all day. This dish is so delicious!! Your family will
love you even more than they already do!
Use Newmans Own Black Bean and Corn Salsa.  You can also add chopped peppers
and red onions, be creative, So Good!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy leave your comment.